Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sickness and health

This weekend was wonderful! I had the second 4 day weekend in a row, and let me tell you...I could get used to those!

My weekend started out Thursday morning with a project that I had been dreading all week. I replaced that starter in my truck. That was a chore, especially changing in laying in the driveway, without enough room to get the torque needed to unbolt it.

After completing that project, over the next 2 days, I changed oil in both trucks, hiked a new trail, and did A LOT of target shooting (I sent close to 200 rounds down range, which was the norm when I was gearing up for competition shooting).

Then today (Sunday) rolled around. My day started about 4:30 am with that not so fresh feeling in the tummy. I don't wish to get graphic, but the stomach bug had visited, and it shut me down complely! I went from mach 2 to zero over night. I don't get sick often, and even when I do, I am usually able to function some. Not this time. The distance from my bed to our bathroom is about 25 feet. There were times that the distance felt like 25 miles! Once, I had to crawl half way, my legs simply wouldn't support me. At one point early this morning, I thought that I could at least do some research on the computer...NOT! I found myself staring at the screen, and not really caring. Back to bed I went.

As of 8:00 pm, I am holding down solid food again, and regaining something akin to energy. Michaela was sick today too, and she is about in the same boat.

No comments: