Saturday, July 2, 2011

I Declare....

I Declare
I declare that the Declaration of Independence IS still relevant.
I declare that all people ARE created equal.
I declare that we ARE endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights.
I declare that we DO have the right to our own lives.
I declare that we DO have the right to Liberty.
I declare that we DO have the right to pursue our own happiness.
I declare that the PROPER role of government is to secure these rights.
I declare that a government exercises JUST power when, and only when, acting in this capacity.
I declare that WE DO have the power and authority to protect our own rights individually.
I declare that government ONLY has power and authority given to it by US.
I declare that when a government becomes destructive to that purpose, THE PEOPLE have the right to alter or abolish it through whatever means are required.
I declare that I will not exercise this right for light or transient reasons.
I declare that I will suffer the evils of an unjust government, so long as those evils are sufferable.
I declare that when those evils sink to absolute despotism, I will exercise my rights to their fullest.
I declare that I will prepare with due diligence, for the day when I may be called upon to exercise that right.

No comments: