Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blueberry wine batch #2

Last weekend, I racked the second batch of blueberry wine. Racking also affords me the oppurtunity to sample ;-)

This batch is turning out much drier than the first batch. Those who typically do not like wine, which includes most of the people who tried the first batch, will probably not like this batch. This one is a wine lover's batch. There were a couple of things done differently here. I am not going to get keyed up over 'batch consistancy'. Whatever God turns out of it is what I will bottle. My friends who have been badgering me for more of the 'sweet' blueberry wine will just have to wait until God brings that one around again.

This weekend, I am slated to rack the apple wine. I can't wait to sample this one the see what kind of taste/character God has in store for this one!

2 comments:

Brooke Hammel said...

We have two more bottles for you! I reckon I ought to make some pot roast to lure the Hulseys to our house to share that wine... whadaya say?

David Hulsey said...

We don't have to be 'lured' so to speak. The pot roast is good though.

How manny people have committied to Wednesday nights? We can make them here and there, but not every week. I barely get home in time to make it over.